Black History Month FREEBIE Roundup! - momgineer

Black History Month FREEBIE Roundup!


There are some AMAZING freebies available on Teachers pay Teachers for Black History month! There are hundreds listed for Martin Luther King, Jr., so this post will focus on other important people in black history.



First up is a Harriet Tubman freebie from Crockett's Classroom. We made use of this resource this morning and it was just right for my kids (1st and 3rd). We actually do a lot of oral learning so I read the passage to them, we talked about it, and then answered the various questions in discussion. I then left the passage out for them to read again if they wanted to refer to it during discussion. The safe house activity sparked quite a lot of ideas and really brought the learning to life. Thanks, Crockett's Classroom!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Civil-Rights-Leaders-Free-Sample-Harriet-Tubman-1628415

Another one just right for elementary students is this George Washington Carver freebie from Fun Teach. Word finds are always a big hit in my house so I know this one will be a big hit.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Black-History-Hero-George-Washington-Carver-Biography-1137154
Differentiated passages are so valuable in the homeschool classroom, so the next resource grabbed my eye! I was so glad to find these Black History resources, but am so glad there are several highlighting women, such as this one about Rosa Parks from Sunny and Bright in First Grade.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Black-History-Month-Rosa-Parks-Close-Read-Differentiated-Texts-1089586

Bow Tie Guy (I love his store name!) has a freebie for Grades 3-6 about Mary McLeod Bethune, also with differentiated reading passages:

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREEBIE-Mary-McLeod-Bethune-Differentiated-Reading-Passages-Questions-1035955

Last, but not least is a Ruby Bridges freebie from 2 Brainy Apples. This one is for 3rd grade, but in the description there are links to other grades as well!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Close-Reads-Pack-Significant-People-in-Black-History-3rd-Grade-SAMPLER-1540923

Do you have a favorite resource to share for Black History Month? Don't forget to leave feedback if you loved these resources!

http://momgineer.blogspot.com/search/label/download?max-results=12

If you are looking for a more rigorous research project, I created one for Black History Month (paid). This is a highly engaging resource for Black History Month, and easy for kids to use. Try a digital resource with Google slides:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Black-History-Month-Research-Project-Digital-Interactive-2948272?aref=fkpwlys8&utm_source=Momgineer%20Blog&utm_campaign=Black%20History%20Month%20Roundup%20-%20Digital%20Resouce


momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

6 comments:

  1. What a great round up of products! Thank you so much for including my freebie. I hope a lot of teachers will enjoy using it in their classrooms.

    Debbie
    Crockett's Classroom . . . Forever in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great collection! Thank you so much for including my Rosa Parks product! I really appreciate it... I also appreciate all the new wonderful products I just found!

    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to use your Rosa Parks resource tomorrow! Thank you so much for sharing!

      Delete
  3. This is what I needed - thank you so much for putting it all together! I love all the TPT sellers!

    ReplyDelete