Five for Friday! January 30, 2015 - momgineer

Five for Friday! January 30, 2015


I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday linky party for the first time!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.ca/2015/01/five-for-friday-linky-party-january-30.html


This week wasn't typical as far as weather goes. We don't usually get three feet of snow in a week! Thankfully we didn't lose power, but we did spend a lot of time shoveling, snowblowing, and sledding. I also tried out my new snow shoes!
 The next two photos were actually *before* the blizzard, on Sunday. We had snow before the blizzard! After the blizzard, well, we had a LOT more!
 



Perler beads have been a big hit at our house in the past month. They lend themselves perfectly to Minecraft creations since each bead can be a pixel. This week, the creations took a slight turn for the artistic. This is an abandoned mineshaft...obviously.
 




I have been trying intermittent fasting for a few weeks. I'm not sure how long I will continue, but two days a week I don't really eat all day until dinner. Needless to say, after a whole day of not eating, this looks and tastes especially delicious!


Tax season is here! I printed out a 1040-EZ and showed my 8 year old the basics of filing an income tax return. We used an imaginary W-2 and situation, and he has now expressed interest in filing a more complicated form! After I snapped this photo, we figured out the different in tax amounts based on various salaries. It was right up his alley!

I had purchased the most ADORABLE zombie clip art ever from Edu-Clips (oh my, do I love Sarah's work!), and I just had to make some fun printables with these lovely zombies. My kids just love logic puzzles and graphing activities, so there are a bunch of logic puzzles, along with two graphing pages, and then some other fun stuff. The crazy word alphabetizing activity turned out to be the most popular one. I know it's hard to read, but Mr. Big 3rd Grader insists on writing in cursive, even though it's not the neatest. These are a temporary dollar deal!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/NO-PREP-Valentines-Day-Printables-TEMPORARY-DOLLAR-DEAL-1677309
Have a great weekend, everyone!
momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment