Math Game Review: Sumoku! - momgineer

Math Game Review: Sumoku!


I have been wanting to review some of the games we use at home. We have so many games, and they have always been a very important part of our homeschooling journey! We played Sumoku this morning, so I thought I would share my thoughts on it.

We have had this game for a couple of years now and it is right up there as one of my favorites! It is the perfect game for my math-lover. It is basically like Bananagrams or Qwirkle, but with NUMBERS! You need to be familiar with multiples of 3,4, and 5, so I would say this is generally perfect for those in 3rd grade and up, but if you have a math-advanced kid obviously disregard that.


I got clobbered by my 7 year old!
I highly recommend Sumoku for small groups (2-3 players, or 2 two-person teams would work well too!), though you could use it as a single-person station as well. Each row or column can only have one of each color, and the row or column must sum to a multiple of that game's number (this game's number was 3). If you complete a row or column, you get to go again.

Play time: anywhere from 15-30 minutes
Age recommendation: 7-12
Final thoughts: Great for reinforcing logic, strategy, and math skills (multiples, addition); might be frustrating for those who struggle with math.

Mama rating: 5/5

Kid rating: 5/5
momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment