weaving practice - momgineer

weaving practice


This was an inexpensive and fast (<15 minutes to set up) project that I got the idea for after visiting a children's museum that had something similar.

 

What you need: 
  • Frame (mine was $1 at the local dollar store)
  • String
  • Scissors
  • Fabric, ribbon, shoelaces, etc. Different textures are nice. I threw some hook and loop in there too.
The frame I started with. I just took out the glass and paper.
Add some strings. I will probably add more to make it more challenging in the future.
Materials for weaving. Cut the fabric to different widths.
H weaves.
Done!
It might be fun to have different colored fabric scraps around for different holidays, or to make a rainbow, or enough of the same kinds to do patterns. After some practice we might move on to a real weaving frame, but this is fun in the meantime. Apparently it is even more fun to pull all of the ribbons out after the project is complete!

momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment